Monday, April 19, 2010

Paradise Point Reyes

This last weekend I found my new favorite place Point Reyes. It is located in Marin County approximately 30 mi (48 km) WNW of San Francisco. It was a 2 and half hour drive from Downtown San Jose. The last 30 minutes of the drive being very curvy gave me the worst car sickness ever. BUT it was totally worth it when I set my eyes on this.

At 11:30am we began our hike. The trail from the vast blue ocean to the poison-ivy covered forest to the magnificent 3 layered waterfall was awaiting me. After a 2 hour sweaty tired walk we arrived at the first waterfall drop. I would have jumped in the water except it was freaking COLD. The descent to the 2nd drop was a little intense, since we had to cross over the water. Standing 4 feet from 2nd waterfall I thought I was in heaven. Oh no, that wasnt it the best view, then followed the main waterfall onto the beach.

You know that song 6 feet from the edge by Creed. If you had to put an image to this song, this is what it would look like

The waterfall runs straight into the ocean, this is the most beautiful sight i've seen since my baby niece was born in =)





Every now and then,
when the world sits just right,
a gentle breath of heaven
fills my soul with delight...
~Hazelmarie ‘Mattie’ Elliott, A Breath of Heaven

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chaitri, I found you on 20sb. Funny...I just recently hiked and wrote about this route myself!

    http://thisruggedlife.blogspot.com/2010/03/salamander-orgies-waterfalls-and.html

    Marin County is awesome. I just recently moved away from the Bay, but I loved how close and convenient nature was to my home in San Francisco.

    ReplyDelete